- Is this camp really tuition free?
- How do I apply?
- I’m an advanced debater, and I’m already going to a four week camp this summer….why should I attend the WDI?
- What can you really learn about debate in just four days?
- What if I cannot afford to travel to camp?
- Do I need a computer to learn paperless debate?
- Are trans students welcome at the WDI?
1. Is this camp really tuition-free?
Thanks to our generous donors, the WDI has been tuition free since 2012. Students interested in attending the WDI will need to apply and all students selected will be invited to attend tuition-free. Students will be responsible for their own travel cost to and from camp, though limited travel stipends are available. Click here for more information about travel stipends.
2. How do I apply?
See the application page
3. I’m an advanced debater, and I’m already going to a four week camp this summer….why should I attend the WDI?
WDI is about more than just cutting cards and building positions: it’s about building community. Attending this camp doesn’t just help you now, it helps create an empowering network of individuals committed to eliminating gender discrimination in debate that benefits everyone in the debate community. Because WDI emphasizes different things than traditional four-week camps, you’ll learn things and have experiences that you wouldn’t have anywhere else.
4. What can you really learn about debate in just four days?
WDI has something for debaters of every skill level. Our top-notch faculty have designed a curriculum that maximizes what you can learn in a short amount of time. Five days is longer then a tournament. Think about how much you learn there!
5. What if I cannot afford to travel to camp?
Our staff donate their time and our donors give resources to make sure no one who is accepted is turned away from WDI because they cannot afford the travel. Please submit a statement of financial need with your application so we can help find you travel assistance.
6. Do I need a computer to learn paperless debate?
No. Bring one if you have the means. If not, we will find one for you to work on.
7. Are trans students welcome at the WDI?