- Quality, originality, and strength of essay answers
- number of years in debate
- Year in school
- Need (students with fewer camp opportunities are prioritized)
- Previous admission to the WDI
- Overall compatibility with applicant pool
Diversity and Inclusion
The WDI’s primary strategic goal is integrating diversity across all levels of the organization to ensure that decision-making and programming include diverse perspectives and identities. The admissions committee is committed to seeing this reflected in our student population. We have several relevant policies:
- 50% of admitted students from Urban Debate League schools
- 2014 Trans Inclusion Policy welcoming applications from trans students and staff. More information on this policy can be found at our website.
- Active recruitment of debaters from historically marginalized backgrounds, especially Black debaters
For some applicants declined admission, the WDI will offer the opportunity to be placed on a waiting list. If any of our accepted students are unable to attend, we will offer admittance to a debater on the waitlist. The criteria for waitlist removal is the same as above.
Applications: To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: April 1st, 2019
Notification of Decision: April 15th, 2019
If you have any questions, please contact us or email us at email@example.com.